Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dear Dad..

     Dear Dad (aka my name for God),
Thank You for everything You've done for me. It still amazes me that You've done this much, yet I don't deserve any of it. You're too good for me and yet You still love and adore me.

Thank You for filling the hole. The hole that was left by past fathers who left me in heartbreak.. and You stayed with me...even when I didn't know it. Your embraces that I feel are more nurturing than any father can give me. You've made sure to give me more hugs than the others did.. which isn't saying a lot but it's so awesome and generous of you.

Thank You for Your answers at all the right times. They've led to the best testimonies because of Your creative way of doing things that only You would do. Waiting for the responses have been hard sometimes but they become so overwhelmingly joyful and worth the wait when I receive them.

Thank You for showing me that I'm not alone. I focused on the wrong target.. relationships (boyfriend/ girlfriend that is). I made it harder on myself to withstand the "single life" but You made it easier.. I'm more patient for that perfect one that You have already made and know. By not being with an earthly boy.. I've only strengthened my relationship with You.

Every day is my Father's day. So this letter can be for any day..

Oh and Dad.. thanks for being the best Daddy anyone could ask for! I'm so lucky to say that I am Your daughter. I just wish I would have known your greatness when I was a child.. cause everyone would have definitely been paying attention to us at the Daddy Daughter Dances ;)

                                                                                               Your Daughter,
                                                                                                        Karlye

No comments:

Post a Comment