Sunday, January 15, 2012

He Knows

     First, I want to give praise for the handy dandy bible app. It has not only given me scripture no matter where I am, but it has also saved me from possible hours of wasting time on Temple Run.
    This week has been pretty insane. I started school for the Spring semester and luckily my schedule isn't too horrific but some classes (actually just Chemistry which I think the devil is involved in that matter) are pretty stressful. Also, I have a dorm to myself which has been bittersweet Bitter because I'm by myself and sweet because I'm by myself ;). My home has changed tremendously with a new roomie, a new room which contains a n new surrounding for me.. hardwood floors, which is ballin.
   
    Anyway...

     So I, like many others I'm sure, have struggled in the past when it comes to getting into the Word (I capitalize word in assumption that you know it is ze Bible :) ). But this week has been awesome. I've been able to clear my mind easier and also welcome what God wants me to know in.
     This is how I read the word daily:
     Step one: opened the app because my bible was left in my car (that's where the praise comes in)
     Step two: prayed to God to show me what I need to read.. not just me reading more of what I read in church the previous Sunday.. it's more personal in my opinion.
     Step three: I let him show me (which includes shutting my eyes and letting Him guide my fingers over the books.. the chapters.. and then I start on verse one)
     It has been a tremendous success!! Each time I have done this, He has shown me things I need along with things I wasn't at all thinking about until now.
     True story (actually just happened)
     I have to work so I wasn't able to attend church so I took out the good ol' app and let God do His work. He led me to Jude 1 and I began reading from there.
     At first I didn't realize what He was trying to tell me but then it hit me....
     Just before I read this scripture, I had to do an English assignment which was to read and respond to "There is No God" by Penn Jillette. I wasn't frustrated but it left me thinking about a lot.. like what caused him to feel this way. In Jude, it talks about patience and pretty much just allow God to His job. Sometimes all we can do is pray.. and so I did :)
     It's stuff like this that just pushes me to read more and pray more and love more and hug more and smile more and laugh more and... well you get the positive point :). It helps me go further in my walk.
     I mean, it just proves that HE KNOWS. He just brought words to me from an essay I had just read. He was watching over me as I did a simple homework assignment. That's amazing how He truly does look over even the simplest of things that we do.

    Praise Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment