Monday, January 2, 2012

In Remembrance of Brutus

     I know I did a blog post yesterday and I don't really like having a daily thing going.. but it's 12:03 and it has already been a super emotional day.. So writing/ typing things out will make things better! And after reading this, if you have come to a conclusion that I am dog crazy.. well you'd be right :)
     
     This will be a letter to my dog (yes dog) Brutus:

     Dear Brutus,

     I remember when I first got you..... I was five years old and I was awaiting for your arrival at the house. Well... maybe not you specifically.. I thought you were a new barbie.. I mean mom said on the phone that my new present was blonde, so what else was I supposed to think? You were way better than a barbie though....
     You were the cutest thing ever! A small, blonde Pomeranian.. with cute little eyes and a puppy love like no other. 
      I remember when I used to dress you in my cabbage patch kid doll's clothes.. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why you hated any clothes after that.. Sorry I scarred you for life.
      I remember when we lost you for a few days when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. Those were the worst times of my life.. and it was such a blessing when we found you. You traveled pretty far away remember? Like ten miles away. 
     I remember when you'd lick away my tears when my daddy didn't come again... I knew that you loved me. 
     I remember when you would sit in my lap for hours because you could never be petted enough. 
     I remember when you started getting old. Your kneecaps would give way and you were in pain a lot. 
     I remember during this time, you were still .licking away the tears off of my mother and my faces when we found out that the family of three was torn apart. 
     I remember you getting older
     and older
     and older
     I remember mom and I talking about you and you couldn't even hear us. Or see us for that matter. 
     I remember when we decided that it was time... time for you to no longer be in pain
     I remember this morning holding you until you fell asleep... and even afterwards, petting your tiny head as if you knew I was there. 
     I remember the sadness that filled me.. but happiness and joy that you were no longer in pain. 
     
     The biggest thing I remember is...
      Other than mom and me.. you were the other one that has been there through everything.. EVERYTHING.

     I will remember you always. 

     You had a good run Brutus :) 14 years of nothing but love. And our love for you continues afterwards.
This is Brutus before he started getting old. :)

                                                                                                       
                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment